Part-Time Administrative Assistant – 1 – Bidwell Training Center
Provides clerical and administrative support to the Director of Greenhouse Operations. Additionally, the Administrative Assistant – 1 helps to maintain and update the Drew Mathieson Center Greenhouse (DMC) website and social media sites.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not strictly limited to, the following:
- Serves as the initial point of contact for visitors, customers (clients), and students. Determines nature of business and directs visitors to appropriate personnel.
- Responds to or appropriately routes incoming telephone calls.
- Filters incoming mail and correspondence to determine their significance and plan their distribution.
- Maintains department calendar.
- Schedules and/or coordinates meetings, events, transportation and other activities as directed.
- Organizes and maintains filing systems, and files correspondence and other records.
- Attends staff meetings and other administrative meetings as directed. Prepares meeting agendas and materials, and transcribes minutes.
- Prepares correspondence, memoranda and reports as directed.
- Copies handouts and other printed materials and distributes as requested.
- Orders and maintains inventory of office supplies and other materials.
- Completes purchase requisitions and check requests.
- Properly codes all purchase requisitions and obtains signed authorization as needed.
- Tracks orders to ensure timely and complete delivery of products.
- Reconciles shipping documents, vendor statements and purchase requisitions.
- Ensures documentation is orderly and in compliance with finance department procedures.
- Works collaboratively with Purchasing & Accounts Coordinator, and Accounts Payable Specialist when necessary.
- Monitoring student groups as needed.
- Prepares and submits catering requests.
- Assists with special projects.
- Submits maintenance requests and other work orders to CB Richard Ellis.
- Accurately processes sales of products. Accepts cash, checks, or credit/debit cards for payment. Completes transactions according to established procedures.
- Assists Director with preparation and reconciliation of expense reports and credit card transactions.
- Coordinates and documents relevant information of in-kind & monetary donations. Processes donations according to procedures established by the Finance and Development departments.
- Updates DMC web site as directed.
- Assists Director with maintaining DMC social media presence.
- Assists with providing content for the corporation’s quarterly newsletter and the DMC E-Newsletter.
- Assists in the formatting of marketing and communication materials.
- Maintains a neat and orderly work station.
- Completes assigned tasks within time frame allotted. Provides feedback when difficulties arise in completing a task.
- Maintains departmental systems and processes in alignment with established MBC policies and procedures.
- Exhibits understanding and internalization of company values: influence, respect, listen, shape and embrace.
- Other duties may be assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or G.E.D. and a minimum of 2 years prior administrative support experience; excellent written and verbal communication skills; proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, and a demonstrated ability to work independently and prioritize workload in an effective manner. Familiarity posting to and updating websites and social media sites preferred. A general interest in the green industry is a plus.
Interested Persons may submit their resume with cover letter and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org