Grants Writer – Grants Manager
This position is responsible for coordinating the collection of necessary information from all affiliates for submission purposes, writing accurate and timely grant proposals and reports and tracking fulfillment of approved grants to ensure compliance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not strictly limited to, the following:
- Coordinates, writes and finalizes grant proposals, reports and program compliance materials and submits them in a timely fashion
- Researches foundation program guidelines as directed;
- Uses known grant searching database programs and methods to find potential new sources of funding;
- Schedules meetings with program directors and/or program staff to collect data, create written materials, monitor progress and compliance on active grants and submit timely reports to funders.
- Provides all follow-up and tracking information to director of development, executive vice presidents and appropriate program directors;
- Monitors all grant and funding deadlines and communicates reporting requirements to relevant administrative and program staff;
- Assists in maintaining all electronic and hard files related to grants management and utilizes DonorPerfect Online and other grants management tools to document project chronology.
- Maintains and updates all basic organizational and departmental data for inclusion in proposals and reports;
- Supports the director of development and other administrators and program directors in assessing funding opportunities in support of anticipated programming and operational needs;
- Assists with the production of fundraising events and coordinates with public relations and consultants, as needed;
- Assists in proofreading correspondence and other development-related written materials;
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university and at least three years of experience in grant writing and coordination required; demonstrated experience analyzing and understanding budget information; strong working knowledge of all MS Office applications, and proficiency in conducting Internet-based research. Experience with DonorPerfect Online software a plus.
Interested Persons may submit their resume with cover letter and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org