Greenhouse Technician (Part-time)
Reports To: Director, Greenhouse Operations
Supports the crop production and educational programming of a 1-acre greenhouse facility.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Essential duties and responsibilities include, and are not strictly limited to, the following:
- Prepares soil mixes, transplants and harvests plants.
- Maintains the facility including general upkeep of production zones, greenhouse systems and related equipment.
- Appropriately packages and ships plants for delivery to customers.
- Assists Director in ensuring crop health and quality, including proper watering and feeding, in coordination with production and educational program goals.
- Supports production by adhering to designated cropping schedules.
- Supports Director with all aspects of inventory.
- Transplants, loads and unloads plants or supplies.
- Mixes and applies horticultural pesticides as directed.
- May be required to deliver product to Greenhouse customers.
- Promptly responds to customer inquiries or complaints. Ensures resolution and documents accordingly, or refers to the Director for further action.
- As directed, assists in overseeing or monitoring students in applied learning activities
- Other duties may be assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High School diploma or GED completion with a demonstrated interest in horticulture required; must have a valid U.S. driver’s license and insurable driving record; must have or be willing to obtain a PA commercial pesticide license, and be able to work flexible schedules as assigned.
Interested Persons may submit their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.