Greenhouse Technician – The Drew Mathieson Center for Horticultural and Agricultural Technology (Part-Time)
Supports the crop production and educational programming of a 1-acre greenhouse facility.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not strictly limited to, the following:
- Prepares soil mixes, transplants and harvests plants.
- Maintains the facility including general upkeep of production zones, greenhouse systems and related
- Appropriately packages and ships plants for delivery to customers.
- Assists Director in ensuring crop health and quality, including proper watering and feeding, in coordination with production and educational program goals.
- Supports production by adhering to designated cropping schedules.
- Supports Director with all aspects of inventory.
- Transplants, loads and unloads plants or supplies.
- Mixes and applies horticultural pesticides as directed.
- May be required to deliver product to Greenhouse customers.
- Promptly responds to customer inquiries or complaints. Ensures resolution and documents accordingly or refers to the Director for further action.
- As directed, assists in overseeing or monitoring students in applied learning activities.
- Exhibits understanding and internalization of company values: influence, respect, listen, shape and embrace.
- Other duties may be assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES :
There are no supervisory responsibilities associated with this position.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High School diploma or GED with a demonstrated interest in horticulture required. Job requires seasonal delivery of products via a 26’ rental truck to warehouse distribution centers located in the Pittsburgh metropolitan area and central Ohio. Seeking a candidate with experience providing product delivery and/or operating a large commercial delivery van, box truck, and/or heavy equipment, along with experience prepping and packaging products for delivery. Experience working in commercial horticulture, floriculture, urban agriculture, CEA (controlled environment agriculture), farm based agriculture, landscape, grounds maintenance, or nursery work is preferred. Must have a valid U.S. driver’s license and insurable driving record. Must have or be willing to obtain a PA commercial pesticide license and be able to work flexible schedules as assigned.
Interested Persons are required to submit their resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to email@example.com