Horticulture Technology Instructor (Full-time) – Bidwell Training Center
Instructs adult students in horticulture technology and related plant science subjects, theories, and practices in accordance with the department of education licensing regulations, accreditation standards, industry guidelines and the needs of employers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Essential duties and responsibilities include, and are not strictly limited to, the following:
- Develops daily lesson plans and units of instruction in accordance with syllabi, outline, course text, and industry standards.
- Coordinates, plans, schedules and integrates units of applied learning program into coursework that meet objectives set forth in syllabi and the individual course lesson plans.
- Remains current on software applications that support designated instruction.
- Stays abreast of industry related technological advancements through professional affiliations, reviewing industry publications and continuing education. Incorporates new material into curriculum.
- Maintains accurate records of student academic performance and attendance.
- Evaluates student progress and provides feedback in a timely manner. Prepares progress reports on a quarterly basis.
- Assists students with problem resolution.
- As necessary, refers students to advisor, in-house counselor or program director for additional support and intervention.
- Abides by all rules, regulations, and policies as determined by Bidwell Training Center.
- Ensures classroom, lab, and production areas are neat and orderly.
- Maintains a professional instructor-student relationship, including; establishing and maintaining positive student interaction; restricting classroom time to relevant, subject-related information; nondiscriminatory, fair and equal treatment of all students; being on time and prepared for each class as scheduled; responding to student questions in a calm, clear and concise fashion; providing a non-threatening environment conducive to learning and positive self-esteem.
- Works cooperatively with program director, greenhouse personnel and other program staff to deliver and enhance the effectiveness of training.
- Attends and participates in planning meetings with department staff, directors and school employees.
- Other duties may be assigned.
There are no supervisory responsibilities associated with this position.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Three years of progressive experience within the horticulture industry; MS Office skills; valid Pennsylvania driver’s license and an insurable driver’s record required. Bachelor’s degree; experience providing training or classroom instruction and a valid Pennsylvania commercial pesticide license preferred.
Interested Persons may submit their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org