Senior Director of Finance
Reporting to the Vice President and Chief Financial Officer, the Senior Director of Finance is responsible for the oversight of all finance, accounting and reporting activities. The Senior Director leads all day-to-day finance operations and supervises a team of staff members whose responsibilities include, but are not limited to accounting and reporting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll and cash management. Additionally, the Senior Director is responsible collecting and analyzing financial data to assist administration in forecasting and strategy development.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not strictly limited to, the following:
- Provides direct staff supervision of all accounting personnel.
- Oversees all accounts, ledgers and reporting systems to ensure compliance with appropriate GAAP standards and regulatory requirements.
- Manages the month-end and year-end financial closing processes.
- Reviews the financial reporting packages and presents financial results to the Vice President and Chief Financial Officer.
- Oversees program and grant accounting to ensure proper accounting compliance requirements are fulfilled and provides financial reporting information for grant reports.
- Reviews and oversees work performed by the accounting staff.
- Ensures compliance with all federal, state, local, corporate and other taxes.
- Manages the completion of the annual audit and tax reporting requirements.
- Coordinates the preparation of the annual budgeting process.
- Assists in managing organizational cash flow forecasting by working with directors to assess program operations.
- Assists the Vice President and Chief Financial Officer in maintaining relationships with third-party service providers, as applicable.
- Reviews, develops and implements accounting department policies and/or procedures, including internal control procedures.
- Works closely with directors and their teams to provide guidance and education regarding finance and accounting procedures. Collaborates with directors to determine how the finance function can best support program operations.
- Exhibits understanding and internalization of company values: influence, respect, listen, shape and embrace.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Effective Communicator – presents with strong interpersonal and communication skills. Capable of presenting financial information and responding to questions from all levels of the organization, board members, auditors and others.
- Human Capital Management – demonstrated ability to recruit, mentor, train and retain staff. Capable of creating and maintaining a positive and supportive work environment.
- Financial Management – demonstrated ability to manage the day-to-day accounting activities and ensure an efficient operation. Presents with sound organizational skills.
- Technical Credibility – the ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form, and deal with abstract and concrete variables. Technologically savvy.
- Problem Solving – demonstrated strong analytical and problem-solving skills to interpret financial data strategically
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and a minimum of 7 years previous related experience. C.P.A., public accounting experience, and experience in a non-profit environment preferred. Knowledge of accounting software and Microsoft Office Suite applications, especially Excel, required.
Interested Persons are required to submit their resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to email@example.com EOE