Student Records and Data Clerk
Reports To: Database Administrator
Provides general clerical and administrative support to MCG Youth and Arts. This position is responsible for timely and accurate student data management, forms processing and maintenance of related records and files. Will assist in other projects as needed. Interacts with Teaching Artists, students and their families, and guests. Greets students upon arrival and provides support that aligns with program values and culture.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Essential duties and responsibilities include, and are not strictly limited to, the following:
• As directed by Database Administrator, enters and maintains student data in database. Works with Database Administrator to identify strategies to collect outcomes and other information;
• Enters registration and attendance forms and other data into the database;
• Supports systems for student records and data collection in compliance with Allegheny Department of Human Services (ACDHS) and partners for school day, after school and summer programming;
• Organizes and maintains files in compliance with ACDHS, including confidential student records required by ACDHS and partner organizations. Alerts Database Administrator and studio personnel when items are incomplete or missing;
• Works with ACDHS Contract Monitor on monthly reviews of student files. Immediately works with appropriate staff to address concerns about missing or incomplete records as they are identified;
• Regularly reviews all programming attendance data to ensure its accurate and timely completion;
• Assists Database Administrator in the preparation of reports;
• Helps oversee student sign-n process and distributes bus tickets to eligible students. Tracks bus ticket numbers and documents students that receive them;
• Collects student safety forms from studios daily and places in secure student files.
• Creates copies of student safety forms and files for review within ACDHS guidelines;
• Collects and files student art assessments at the end of each trimester;
• Photocopies letters, memos and program materials;
• Provides back-up phone and clerical support as needed;
• Assists in planning and implementation of student enrollment event;
• Facilitates new student orientation including generating photo IDs and, distributing and collecting enrollment forms and student information;
• Observes boarding of student busses and clears driver for departure at conclusion of programming;
• Supervises students in general program area until they are picked up by ACDHS or partner program support personnel;
• Drives students in company vehicles as needed;
• Assists in the preparation, set-up and striking of exhibits, receptions, workshops and special projects as needed;
• Other duties may be assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Associate’s degree from a two-year college or technical school, and 2 to 3 years related experience required. Must possess strong MS Office skills with proficiency in Word and Excel, and be familiar with operations and information entry in relational databases. Must possess a high level of organizational skills and maintain attention to details. Fluency and accuracy with keyboarding and typing are essential skills for this position. A valid Pennsylvania driver’s license, with an insurable driving record and the ability to operate a car, van or mini-van is required.
Submit resume and cover letter with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.