Teachers’ Aide – Bidwell Training Center
Assists Medical Department instructors in preparation of instructional materials and implementation of methods providing assistance in the classroom and field experiences in accordance with department of education licensing regulations, accreditation standards, industry regulations and job market demands.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Essential duties and responsibilities include, and are not strictly limited to, the following:
- Assists instructional staff in classroom activities, projects, informational interviews, videotaping and other functions as needed. Assists director in new student orientation. Plans and schedules field activities for students at area facilities. Plans and schedules outside speakers for students as required. Reserves van through corporate procedures for field activities and assists in transporting students. Maintains records of field activities.
- Conducts weekly progress phone calls to pharmacy managers at pharmacy technician retail volunteer sites. Reports feedback to pharmacy technician instructors.
- Conducts classes in general areas of Communications and MS Office if needed due to scheduling conflicts.
- Assists pharmacy instructors with preparation and set up for pharmacy laboratory training and provides assistance and supervision to students completing laboratory assignments.
- Maintains laboratory equipment and supplies, maintains accurate records of inventory of all pharmacy laboratory supplies and equipment. Coordinates ordering of depleted items with director, instructors, and department secretary.
- Coordinates all class coverage for instructors using PTO. Attends classes in instructor absence, takes attendance, distributes assignments, and monitors tests.
- Sets up audio visual equipment in classrooms per instructor requests. Troubleshoots all equipment when necessary. Maintains accurate schedule of audio visual equipment usage. Maintains accurate inventory of audio visual equipment. Reports in writing to director all malfunctioning equipment.
- Assists instructional staff in grading homework, quizzes, tests and projects as needed.
- Maintains neat and orderly classrooms. Reports in writing to director needed repairs, additional equipment, or supplies.
- Assists in achieving educational goals of students in each training program.
- Assists students where needed in problem resolution by referring to counselor or director.
- Abides by all rules, regulations, and policies as determined by the department and Bidwell Training Center.
- Maintains a professional demeanor, including; establishing and maintaining positive student interaction; nondiscriminatory, fair and equal treatment of all students; being on time and prepared for each class when acting as a substitute; responding to student questions in a calm, clear and concise fashion; providing a non-threatening environment conducive to learning and positive self-esteem.
- Works cooperatively with program staff to improve the effectiveness of training.
- Attends and participates in planning meetings with department staff, directors and school employees.
- Other duties may be assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Associate’s Degree required. Minimum three years’ work experience with Microsoft Office Word and Excel, and minimum three years’ customer service experience or experience working with the public. Some medical experience preferred. Some teaching or training experience preferred.
Interested Persons may submit their resume with cover letter and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org