Instructor-Laboratory Technology Program
Instructs adult students in professionalism, mathematics, physics, chemistry, chemistry laboratory techniques and additional related chemical technology subjects in accordance with department of education licensing regulations, accreditation standards, industry regulations and job market demands.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Essential duties and responsibilities include, and are not strictly limited to, the following:
• Develops class work and instruction in accordance with curricula, syllabi, outline, course text, accreditation and industry standards. Prepares and delivers daily lesson plans for all courses utilizing agency forms.
• Provides a safe working environment for students to ensure proper use of chemicals, materials and equipment. Develops, implements, and fosters effective and responsible safe laboratory practices. Monitors and maintains records for all safety procedures and equipment. Guards against the performance of any unauthorized experiments and activities. Reports and maintains accurate records about any hazardous situation, incident, or accident, as well as the specific measures taken.
• Maintains laboratory equipment and supplies such as chemicals, glassware, kits, and SDS sheets. Properly and safely stores the chemicals, materials, and equipment. Maintains and reports accurate records of inventory (chemicals, materials and equipment), technical documentation and instructional equipment.
• Stays abreast of technological advancements industry wide and incorporates into instruction changes and developments affecting areas of instruction. This may be accomplished through professional memberships, contacts in field, publications, attendance at workshops and in-service sessions, and when appropriate, coursework.
• Maintains accurate records of performance, evaluation, and attendance on each class taught at all times and reports information as requested and as scheduled.
• Evaluates student progress and provides feedback to students, program director and other faculty and staff involved in a timely manner. Monitor and report unsatisfactory student progress to director immediately. Develop and implement ongoing improvement plans.
• Assists students in achieving educational and career goals.
• Assists students in resolving problems. When necessary, refer to director, advisor, counselor or EEO officer.
• Abides by all rules, regulations, and policies as determined by the department and Bidwell Training Center, as specified in resource documents including, but not limited to, the student handbook, faculty handbook, employee policy manual, and accreditation standards. Enforces all policies and procedures applicable to students in a fair and consistent manner.
• Maintains a professional instructor-student relationship, including: establishing and maintaining positive student interaction; restricting classroom time to relevant, subject-related information; nondiscriminatory, fair and equal treatment of all students; being on time and prepared for each class as scheduled; beginning each class on time as scheduled; responding to student questions in a calm, clear and concise fashion; providing a non-threatening environment conducive to learning and positive self-esteem.
• Works cooperatively with program staff to improve the effectiveness of training.
• Attends and participates in meetings with department staff, directors and school employees.
• Participates in site visits to students during their externships.
• Other duties may be assigned.
There are no supervisory responsibilities associated with this position.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Required: B.S. degree and a minimum of 4 years experience working within an industry laboratory
Preferred: Minimum of 2 years experience in training or classroom instruction.
Valid Pennsylvania driver’s license and an insurable driver’s record required.
Submit resume and cover letter with salary requirements to email@example.com